Sat, Sep 30|
PCA LLC Range
Practical Defensive Pistol - Maiden Lane Church of God
This is a Defensive Pistol Foundational Skills course. Expect skill development in the areas of pistol manipulation, marksmanship, utilization of the defensive pistol, and critical decision making with a focus on Church security.
Time & Location
Sep 30, 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
PCA LLC Range, 6252 New Carlisle Pike, Springfield OH 45505
About the Event
Maiden Lane Church of God Church Security Team Training Donation
Participants must be a member of the Church Security Team and approved by them to attend
This is a developmental skills course focused on the practical use of the defensive pistol. It is a great course to continue your training progression and will provide an opportunity to learn new skills while improving upon your existing skill set. The material will be presented in a crawl, walk, run manner and in an easy to understand building block approach. Focus areas will be practical application of the defensive pistol for a self defense scenario. We will also discuss the legal requirements for the use of deady force and some general considerations for being armed to provide act in a Church security function.
- This will NOT be a "competitive format" or "military training".
- It WILL focuse on practical application of the defensive pistol and the use of lawfully justified deadly force
- We will balance the skills levels of all attendees to ensure everyone leaves with new information and skill development.
PRE-REQUISITES: Successful completion of a CCW and/or a similar defensive pistol shooting course of instruction.
Points of Instruction (POI) Include:
- Proper firearm manipulation
- Drawing from the holster
- Deployment from ready and carry positions
- Rapid reloading of the pistol
- Practical marksmanship development
- Critical decision making in the context of a practical firearm application
- The lawful justification for the use of deadly force for self defense
- Proper ammunition selection for the self defense pistol
- Modern defensive pistol or revolver with OWB, IWB, or AIWB holster required
- 2-3 pistol magazines / 2 revolver speed loaders and a belt pouch to carry at least 1 magazine / speed loader
- Factory produced training ammunition matching your firearm's caliber (150+ rounds)
- Cover garmet for concealed pistol practice (we may shoot open, concealed, or both)
- Eye protection (safety glasses or polycarbonate lenses in perscription eyeware)
- Ear protection (electronic shooting ear muffs highly suggested)
- Seasonally appropriate clothing suitable for outdoor activities (no low scooped neck shirts or tops)
- Closed toe shoes or boots suitable for outdoor activities
- A baseball style cap or visor to help protect your face
- Water, sports drinks, & snacks to maintain yourself during moderate physical activity for the training day
- Please note that we will NOT be taking a formal lunch break. Bring a snacks to eat on the range.
Maiden Lane C.O.G. Training
Practical Defensive Pistol - Maiden Lane Church of God Security Team Training Donation