Sat, May 25|
PCA LLC Range
Practical Defensive Pistol - Place of Worship Safety Team Skills - Level 1
This is a Defensive Pistol Foundational Skills course. Expect skill development in the areas of pistol manipulation, marksmanship, utilization of the defensive pistol, and critical decision making with a focus on the skills required by a Place of Worship Safety Team Member.
Time & Location
May 25, 2024, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
PCA LLC Range, 6252 New Carlisle Pike, Springfield OH 45505
About the Event
Place of Worship Safety Team Training
This is a developmental skills course focused on the practical use of the defensive pistol. It is a great course to continue your training progression and will provide an opportunity to learn new skills while improving upon your existing skill set. The material will be presented in a crawl, walk, run manner and in an easy to understand building block approach. Focus areas will be practical application of the defensive pistol for a self defense scenario. We will also discuss the legal requirements for the use of deady force and some general considerations for being armed to provide act in a Church security function.
- This will NOT be a "competitive format" or "military training".
- It WILL focus on practical application of the defensive pistol and the use of lawfully justified deadly force.
- It WILL focus on specific skills and capabilities required for firearms use in a Place of Worship Safety Team context.
- We will balance the skills levels of all attendees to ensure everyone leaves with new information and skill development.
PRE-REQUISITES: Successful completion of a CCW and/or a similar defensive pistol shooting course of instruction required. PCA LLC offers Ohio CCW & Defensive Pistol Introductory courses if you need this training before attending this block of instruction.
** We can also offered customized Safety Team training if you wish to contract a block of instruction for your entire team to train together. **
Points of Instruction (POI) Include:
- Discussion of firearm holster & accessory options
- Discusion of defensive pistol ammunition options & performance
- Proper firearm manipulation to include loading, & unloading
- Rapid safe drawing from the holster
- Rapid or emergency reloading of the pistol
- Deployment from ready and carry positions
- Pistol deployment considerations in a place of worship environment
- Practical marksmanship performance standards and skill development
- Critical decision making in the context of a practical firearm application
- Instruction for the lawful use of deadly force for self defense of yourself and others
- Proper ammunition selection for the self defense pistol
- Modern defensive pistol or revolver with OWB, IWB, or AIWB concealment holster required (shoulder holsters allowed w/ prior approval)
- 2-3 pistol magazines / 2 revolver speed loaders and a belt pouch to carry at least 1 magazine / speed loader
- Factory produced training ammunition matching your firearm's caliber (200+ rounds)
- Cover garmet for concealed pistol practice (we will perform drills from concealment based upon attendee skill level)
- Eye protection (safety glasses or polycarbonate lenses in perscription eyeware)
- Ear protection (electronic shooting ear muffs highly suggested)
- Seasonally appropriate clothing suitable for outdoor activities (no low scooped neck shirts or tops)
- Closed toe shoes or boots suitable for outdoor activities
- A baseball style cap or visor to help protect your face
- Water, sports drinks, & snacks to maintain yourself during moderate physical activity for the training day
- Please note that we will NOT be taking a formal offsite lunch break.
Defensive Pistol - POWST-LVL1
Practical Defensive Pistol - Place of Worship Safety Team - Level 1$150.00