Sat, May 21|
PCA LLC Private Range
Defensive Pistol Skills & Ohio CCW Training
Practical fundamental skills training that far exceeds the requirements for an Ohio CCW License with a comfortable 3 hour online class and 7 hour range day! New and experienced shooters welcome.
Time & Location
May 21, 2022, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
PCA LLC Private Range, 6252 New Carlisle Pike, Springfield, OH 45504, USA
About the Event
This 10+ hour course of instruction is for the person seeking their Ohio CCW License and who desires a block of instruction focused on developing their understanding in the practical use of the defensive pistol beyond the basic "meets minimum standard" type of program. As such you will be spending more time on the range actually shooting your pistol and receiving instruction and feedback compared to the common $69 "best of luck" approach seen elsewhere. In this block of instruction we will cover the lawful use of justified deadly force which is critical knowledge when carrying a firearm for personal defense.
Even with "Constitutional Carry" in Ohio you will still need the actual Ohio CCW license to exercise concealed carry using reciprocity in other states and on Federal lands. Also an Ohio CCW makes it easier to purchase firearms as an additional background check is not required with a valid CCW license.
Online Interactive Class: 7-10PM the Thursday evening prior to the weekend range day
Range Day: 10A-5P Saturday as noted - Sunday is the alternate day in case of inclement weather
This program consists of an interactive small group presentation using a Zoom online meeting format prior to the scheduled range day. You will need to provide your email address and have a working webcam to participate and should be prepared to join the session 5 minutes prior to start time to avoid delays. You will be emailed material prior to the online meeting. Please read it completely prior to the Zoom meeting. An in person training session at a private (closed to the public) shooting range will follow and include additional instruction and guided application of the learned skills. Only course participants will be on the range. This training course is geared toward both the new or experienced shooter and is race, gender, and age neutral (minimum 18 years old). Everyone has the right to learn self defense skills. The material is taught in a crawl, walk, run approach under the direct supervision and guidance of certified and experienced law enforcement instructors. Safe firearm handling and an open mind are all that is required. We have loaner equipment so you can get some training and experience before making your personal equipment choices. Ammunition must be supplied by the student. If you are having trouble finding ammunition we can help.
Specific Areas of Focus:
- Ohio CCW License Laws
- Legal justification for the use of Deadly Force
- Proper firearms handling, operation, & safe storage
- Firearm fundamentals & marksmanship skills developement
- Practical application of the handgun for defensive purposes
- Modern defensive pistol or revolver in proper working condition (IWB or OWB holster preferred but optional)
- 2-3 magazines or speed loaders for your handgun (belt pouch or carry device preferred but optional)
- Factory produced training ammunition matching your firearm's caliber (100+ rounds minimum, 150 recommended)
- Eye protection for shooting (safety glasses or polycarbonate lenses in perscription eyeware)
- Ear protection for shooting sports (electronic shooting ear muffs highly suggested)
- Seasonally appropriate clothing suitable for outdoor activities (no low scooped neck shirts or tops)
- Closed toe shoes or boots suitable for outdoor activities
- A baseball style cap or visor to help protect your face
- Water, sports drinks, & snacks to maintain yourself during moderate physical activity for the with minimal breaks
- A small folding camp chair (optional)
- Sun screen and bug repellant as seasonally necessary
OH CCW - 04/23/2022
Defensive Pistol Intro & Ohio CCW Certification