Sat, Jun 18|
New Carlisle Sportsmans Club
Practical Defensive Pistol - NCSC Fund Raiser
This is a Defensive Pistol Foundational Skills course. Expect skill development in the areas of pistol manipulation, marksmanship, utilization of the defensive pistol, and critical decision making.
Time & Location
Jun 18, 2022, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
New Carlisle Sportsmans Club, 1475 Folk Ream Rd, New Carlisle OH 45344
About the Event
New Carlisle Sportsmans Club Fund Raiser - $50 club donation required for participation.
Participants must be a club member or guest of a club member. Donation payable by cash or check (preferred) at the event. Make checks payable to the New Carlisle Sportsmans Club.
This is a developmental skills course focused on the practical use of the defensive pistol. It is a great course to continue your training progression and will provide an opportunity to learn new skills while improving upon your existing skill set. The material will be presented in a crawl, walk, run manner and in an easy to understand building block approach. Focus areas will be practical application of the defensive pistol for a self defense scenario. We will also discuss the legal requirements for the use of deady force and some general considerations for going armed in public.
Although we will be working on practical skills in a serious manner but you should be prepared to have FUN!
- This will NOT be a "competitive format" or "military training".
- It WILL focuse on practical application of the defensive pistol and the use of lawfully justified deadly force
- We will balance the skills levels of all attendees to ensure everyone leaves with new information and skill development.
** If you have any questions about the course or equipment requirements please email them to us at David@pca-us.com
PRE-REQUISITES: Successful completion of a CCW and/or a introductory pistol shooting course of instruction or the requisite knowledge and training to properly load, unload, and operate your pistol in a practical defensive context.
Points of Instruction (POI) Include:
- Proper firearm manipulation
- Drawing from the open and concealed holster
- Deployment from ready and carry positions
- Rapid reloading of the pistol
- Practical marksmanship development
- Critical decision making in the context of a practical firearm application
- The lawful justification for the use of deadly force for self defense
- Proper ammunition selection for the self defense pistol
- Modern defensive pistol or revolver with OWB, IWB, or AIWB holster required
- 2-3 pistol magazines / 2-4 revolver speed loaders and a belt pouch to carry at least 1 magazine / speed loader
- Factory produced training ammunition matching your firearm's caliber (200+ rounds)
- Cover garmet for concealed pistol practice (we may shoot open, concealed, or both)
- Eye protection (safety glasses or polycarbonate lenses in perscription eyeware)
- Ear protection (electronic shooting ear muffs highly suggested)
- Seasonally appropriate clothing suitable for outdoor activities (no low scooped neck shirts or tops)
- Closed toe shoes or boots suitable for outdoor activities
- A baseball style cap or visor to help protect your face
- Water, sports drinks, & snacks to maintain yourself during moderate physical activity for the training day
- Please note that we will NOT be taking a formal lunch break. Bring a packed lunch to eat on the range.
- Ticket type
NCSC Fund Raiser
Practical Defensive Pistol - NCSC Fund Raiser - $50 donation at the eventPrice$0.00